This could be called – why I don’t finish crafts I’ve started…
I am a procrastinator. That is all…
Okay, maybe there’s more to it than that! In fact, I know there is!
One of the reasons I can cope with teaching is that I have like to have a million things going on at once. With teaching, it’s not just the standing in front of the class. It’s planning, assessing, teaching, marking, paperwork, counselling (let’s not kid ourselves), mediating, entertaining… Let’s not forget reports. I just finished those!
Realistically, I am exactly the same way with my crafts. I have so many different crafts on the go at any given time that very little gets done. I’m pretty sure that my mom would tell you that I’ve always been that way – more going on than I can cope with.
So I thought for a little fun, I’d round-up my ongoing projects, be it craft or otherwise.
- My garden is always ongoing. Right now it counts as something to do because it needs weeding. DESPERATELY!
- Seedlings – I have a bunch of plants in seed trays that want to go into larger pots fairly soon. And by soon, I mean yesterday…
- My tribal print dress – I love this and can’t wait to wear it. No clue why I’m still taking a break from it. I should start back on it soon!
- Tank top – I bought some pretty material for pretty cheap, and thought it would make a pretty, quick top. It wasn’t as quick to make as I’d hoped, so there it sits…
- Elephant door stop – I made a cute door stop to prevent a door banging all night. I used an online pattern, and it didn’t turn out as pretty as I had hoped. Realistically, this project is finished. But could I be bothered to photograph it so I can call it really done? Ha!
- I finally decided what to do for memories of our travels. I’ve bought lots of things for this, and hope to get it under-way soon, but haven’t started yet.
- Since we were married (almost five years ago), I have intended to make a scrapbook of our wedding. I FINALLY started it last night. I suppose then I can hope to finish it before our 25th… I’ll try to share the pages with you as I finish them!
- This necklace. I tried to make it before Christmas, and still love the idea, AND have bought all of the necessary materials, but haven’t bothered fixing it after it flopped!
I’m sure if I looked, I would find even more projects that aren’t completed – my hubby will probably remind me of some! I love crafting, and can’t wait to start more, but hopefully I’ll finish a few of these soon!
In the next few months, I also want to start a quilt and a Christmas tree skirt. Hopefully, I’ll finish a few things so I can get onto these!! 🙂
What have you got on the go at the moment?